Monday, January 6, 2014

The Story of a Brave Seal


Happy New Year!

I'm starting the new year with something old.


I was doing some much-needed cleaning around the house, and I found my old stuffed seal from when I was growing up. 

I don't remember the seal's name, but I thought he deserves a story--and a new name.

How about Sebastian? Ferdinand? Bartholomew? I like Horatio. 

Can you help me write Horatio's story? 


Brave Horatio

Horatio was a brave seal, but he was afraid of one thing: ___________________________________________________.

One day, he was swimming near the docks when he saw… that scary thing! 

To escape, Horatio decided to _______________________________. 

But that was a bad idea, because ____________________________.

To make things worse, _____________________________________.

Now Horatio was terrified. 

Then he remembered he felt braver when he sang. So he sang his favorite song: _______________________________.

He sang and sang until _______________________________. 

And that's how Horatio became brave again, until the next day, when _________________________________________________.


The End 


Do you have a favorite stuffed animal? Try writing his or her story!