Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring


It's spring this week! Where I live, the sun is shining more, frogs are croaking in the pond at the end of our road, and best of all, the grocery store has Peeps for sale. 

Last summer I posted in Yellow Pencils about writing an "End of Summer" poem. Now let's write an "Ode to Spring." An ode is a poem that is addressed to the thing you're writing about. 

I'll get us started. You fill in with your creative, spring-like images. 


Ode to Spring

Spring, I love your _____________________________. 

I don't like when you ___________________________.

When the wind _______________ and the trees ___________, I know you're on your way.

When the clouds ______________ and the earth smells like ____________________________, I know you can't wait to arrive.

I can't wait, either. Spring, hurry up and __________________! 



Ode to Spring

Spring, I love your blossoms like shiny pink skirts. 

I don't like when you rain all day and make my polka-dot umbrella turn inside out. 

When the wind whooshes and the trees reach up their arms, I know you're on your way.

When the clouds race and the earth smells like oozy earthworms, I know you can't wait to arrive.

I can't wait, either. Spring, hurry up and bring puddles to stomp in!