Monday, May 30, 2011

Memory


Today is Memorial Day. It's a holiday, which means no school, right? It's good to know why Memorial Day is a holiday. On this day, we remember soldiers who have died. We also remember family members and friends who have died.

So Memorial Day is about remembering. It's about memory. Are you remembering someone special today? Maybe it's your grandma or grandpa. Maybe it's your pet. Or maybe you're remembering someone who's living--your mom, dad, aunt, or uncle in the military or away from home for another reason.

Think about someone you're remembering today. Write down five things about that person.

Today I'm remembering my mom who died a few years ago.

My Mom

1. Made the best chocolate chip cake.
2. Took the bus with me because she didn't drive.
3. Helped me with my spelling words (and that's why I'm a good speller).
4. Taught me some words in Polish.
5. Loved to go shopping.

What do you remember about a special person or pet? Happy Memorial Day!