Monday, April 21, 2014

A Silly Poem for Earth Day


Tomorrow is Earth Day!

And we're still celebrating National Poetry Month.

Have you noticed, a lot of poems about nature or Earth are serious? 

They don't have to be. 

I'm mixing my love of nature with my love of silliness. Here's my silly poem about Earth (with thanks to the poet Joyce Kilmer, author of "Trees"--who was a guy, by the way). 

I think that I shall never see
A poem as lovely as a tree.

I think that I shall never view
A poem as lovely as a gnu.

I think that I shall never spy
A poem as lovely as a fly.

I think that I shall never glimpse
A poem as lovely as two chimps.

I think I'll never scrutinize
A poem as lovely as the skies.

But now I'll end this poem, you see
Cause nothing's better than a tree! 


How about your Earth Day poem?

Be silly, fun, and full of mirth
To celebrate our Planet Earth!