Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympic Gold...for Writers!


Have you been watching the summer Olympic games? 

I'm super inspired by the athletes who run, bike, spin, jump, race, swim, twist, sprint, lift, and hurdle. They perform amazing feats with their bodies that don't seem possible. 

What about writers? We perform amazing feats, too. We create fantastic tales from our imaginations. We bring characters to life. We keep going even though we may not be the next J.K. Rowling (or Michael Phelps). 

Don't we deserve a medal, too? I say YES!

Write down 5 reasons why you should win an Olympic Gold Medal in Writing. Here are mine:

1. I show up at practice every day to write.
2. I warm up for the day with a writing exercise. 
3. I struggle through the rough bits and keep my goal in mind.
4. I sprint to the finish when the story end is in sight. 
5. I do the heavy lifting of revising to make my story better. 

What are your 5 reasons? Make your list and take a bow. And don't forget to hum your national anthem!