Monday, April 4, 2011

A Bookmobile Story


When I was in Seattle last weekend, I saw this amazing, colorful bookmobile.

I love bookmobiles, even though I've always lived near a library and never got to actually use one.

To me, libraries are one of the best things about being alive. 

Think about it. In a library, you get to look at books, pick out movies, read magazines, listen to stories, and get your questions answered. They even let you take books home!

Now imagine all that in a bus painted with colorful characters...a library on wheels.

What if a bookmobile could talk? I bet it would have a lot of stories to tell. Think about all the people who have walked up the steps of this bookmobile and discovered magical worlds inside the pages of a book.

For fun, write a story set inside this bookmobile. Maybe it's a story about a boy who's looking for that perfect book on how to make cupcakes. Maybe it's about a girl who wants to find out how to care for her pet tarantula. Maybe it's about an anteater that wants to learn how to read. Maybe the story is about the people who painted the bookmobile.

Enjoy your bookmobile ride!