Monday, June 8, 2015

Summer Vacation!


School's almost out for the summer! 

Maybe, if you're lucky, you're already free to sleep in, head for the beach, and….write!

We can't all go to the ocean, but we can celebrate summer in our own way. And we can make writing part of that. 

What would you like to work on this summer? Finish that story? Write poems? Explore ideas in your journal? Or write from a prompt each week?

Starting next week, Yellow Pencils will post a writing prompt each week to keep our pencils moving. 

For today, I offer a tribute to the wonders of summer. What are yours? 

Remember to use all five senses. What are the sights, sounds, smells, feels, and tastes of YOUR summer? 


Summer Brings Its Joys

Sun slants through the porch
Books fill the hours 
Shade cools my skin 
Grass tickles my legs
Crows cackle in the trees
Strawberry ice cream lingers on my tongue
Low tide releases its smells
Sunglasses slide down my nose
Summer brings its joys.