Monday, May 25, 2015

Remembering on Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day, a day we remember people in our lives who have died. We may also remember people we didn't know--people who gave up their lives for important causes.

Do you remember someone special? A grandparent, aunt, uncle, or a pet? 

A great way to remember those people or pets is to write about them. 

Here are ways to get started.

1. If you could do something with your special person or pet right now, what would it be? Describe it. I would ask my mom to make a batch of brownies with me.

2. If you had to describe your person or pet in 5 words, what would they be? My words for my cat Zoey would be funny, furry, curious, homebody, and chatty (yes, she loved to "chat"). After you write your 5 words, pick one and write more about it.

3. If you could say something to your person or pet, what would it be? I would tell my grandma that I wished I understood Polish while she was alive, so that I could talk to her.

As its name says, Memorial Day is a good day for remembering the people and animals we loved. Happy writing.