Monday, February 17, 2014

Best Friends


Do you have a best friend?

Are there times when you do, and times when you don't? That happens to all of us.

Sometimes we move and lose touch with our best friend. Sometimes our interests change. Your best friend spends most of her time playing hockey, and your new passion is chess. 


Sometimes one of us finds a new best friend. That can hurt. No matter what happens, it's good to talk to someone about it. 

What makes a best friend "best?" 

Write down 5 characteristics that are important to you in a best friend. 

Here's my list:

1. Listens to me. 

2. Laughs at most of the same things. 

3. Likes to do some of the same activities I do--but not all. Even best friends need time apart.

4. Shows kindness to other people and to animals.

5. Surprises me--just when I think I know my best friend really well. 


How about you? In your opinion, what makes a best friend "best?"