Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What If Stories Part 2

Tina and Buster

A while back, I wrote about "What if" stories? 

These stories are fun to write, because asking "What if?" stretches our imaginations. It makes us see beyond the everyday. It helps us think about things that could--or couldn't--happen. 

So here are more ideas for your very own stories that ask, "What if?"


  • What if your dog and cat plotted against you? 


  • What if a talking banana popped out of your toaster?


  • What if the world was square?


  • What if your school turned into an amusement park?


  • What if the ocean was pink?


  • What if there were no oceans? 


  • What if the entire world spoke the same language?


  • What if you created a map that bossed people around?


  • What if a gorilla showed up at your front door? 


  • What if a lonely hairy tarantula wanted to be your best friend?


Have fun writing a "What if" story. Here's the start of mine. "What if" you wrote one, too? 



Tina and Buster

Lately I noticed that my dog, Tina, and my cat, Buster, were spending a lot of time together. They ate their meals together. They slept on the sagging end of the sofa together. They even watched TV together, and Buster hates TV.

Normally Tina and Buster avoided each other. What was going on? Could they be plotting something against me? 

When I caught Tina hiding my shoes in the backyard bushes, and Buster sprinkling kitty litter in my bed, I knew something was up....