Monday, February 11, 2013

Setting: Orange Place


 Last week I wrote about blue trees. Today I'm writing about Orange Place. 

Orange Place is in Seattle. I don't know how the street got its name. When I was there I didn't see any orange trees, orange houses, or orange leaves (because it's February). But I think Orange Place is a great name for a street.

If you were writing a story set on Orange Place, who would live there? Orange people? Orange cats? Or blue people who think it's funny to live on Orange Place?

Set a story on Orange Place. For fun, make the cross street Purple Way, Crimson Drive, or Turquoise Boulevard. What color are the sidewalks, houses, stores, mailboxes, and cars? 

For extra deliciousness, eat an orange while you write your story. And ponder this question: did you know no word in English rhymes with orange?