Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Hedgehog Story


Yellow Pencils is back from England! I had a great time walking through the countryside, eating mushy peas and brown sauce (not as bad as they sound), and listening to the bleating of thousands of sheep. 

I did have one disappointment, though. As I was walking on footpaths along the hedgerows, I really, really wanted to see a hedgehog. Sadly, I never did. 

I love hedgehogs. Maybe it's their shyness, or their cute snouts, or the way they look like pincushions with eyes. Whatever it is, they really capture my imagination.

So I'm dedicating this Yellow Pencils post to hedgehogs and invite you to write a story about one. What's a good hedgehog name? Harry? Bob? Gertrude? 

What does a hedgehog want more than anything in the world? To be brave? To sail across the ocean? To open a world-famous restaurant under the hedge?

Have fun writing a hedgehog story, and don't forget the mushy peas!