Monday, October 10, 2011

The Cat in the Bookstore


Hello!

I'm back and rested from my trip to Poland. I visited a ruined castle, a writer's museum, a spa town with healthy water, a medieval village, and the Old Town of Warsaw, Poland's capital. (The Old Town was completely destroyed during World War II, and was rebuilt brick by brick.)

Best of all, I got to visit family. Second best of all, I got to go into lots of bookstores. A bookstore filled with books in another language is a fun place to visit, but guess what? The books may not be in English, but a lot of other things are the same.

Like having a bookstore cat. I took a photo of this cat in a Warsaw bookstore. It was lying on a stack of art books, which makes me think the cat has good taste.

What kind of stories could this cat tell about living in a bookstore? What kind of adventures could it have? Maybe it catches a book thief. Or maybe one morning the owner doesn't show up. Or the owner does show up....with another cat.

Write a story about The Cat in the Bookstore. Use your imagination to come up with a tale (ha ha, get it?) for this handsome, book-loving cat.